Today’s seamless access to the online world wouldn’t be possible without proper computer network installation. These smooth-running networks are part of a connected puzzle that usually goes unnoticed until something stops working. That’s because it’s meant to act as the grease that keeps the gears of the interconnected age running smoothly. As the pace of technology advancements increases, so do network design trends.
Computer Network Installation Trends
Network growth can be constrained due to a few different factors. These can include:
- Obsolete infrastructure
- Poor system integration
- IT Personnel who don’t possess expert knowledge
Creating a complete computer network installation with a long-term solution in mind means focusing on more than just the cost. A cost-based approach may serve your business in the short-term but for the long-haul, it can end up costing you more.
When contemplating a modern network approach, consider these trends:
Modern Local Area Network (LAN)
- The traditional LAN needs to be redesigned in order to support the bandwidth requirements of new devices.
- The number of new connections is vastly higher than it was in the past.
- LANs must now support the use of IP phones, TV, security systems, video and more. Each of these devices has much higher requirements than in the past, such as wireless components, digital signals, and HD compatibility.
Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
- Cloud-based software allows for the management of your network from one central access point.
- By using virtualization, you are able to have your software run separate from the hardware.
- An SDN automatically responds which allows IT personnel to see all issues in one place.
Software-Defined Wide-Area Network (SD-WAN)
- A specific application of software-defined networking technology applied to multiple WAN connections such as MPLS, LTE, 4G, broadband, or fiber.
- SD-WAN typically connects business networks to other locations or to cloud services.
- To accomplish this, it utilizes private networks, public internet, and VPN
- SD-WAN technology allows for the best path to be chosen based on, for example, the health of the circuit (speed, latency, reliability).
- 5G is slated as the next step in wireless technology and should be available to the public by 2020.
- 5G allows for much faster speeds with lower latency and increased capacity.
- When 5G becomes available, it will be considered more than a step up from the 4G network, and will instead force an overhaul in connectivity which will affect most devices.
Small Business Network Design
With these inspirational trends in computer network installation designs on the horizon, it’s a good idea to consider the long-term future of your own network. A successful business thrives on a properly managed network which is why familiarizing yourself with small business network design solutions can have a lasting benefit on your business, big or small. Here’s why:
- Even though technology is embedded in our everyday lives, most people do not understand the underlying processes that keep it running.
- Being knowledgeable about networking can be an asset in almost every aspect of modern life.
- Leverage your understanding technology to identify opportunities to differentiate your business from the competition.
Computer Network Consultants
A proper design for your local and wide area networks is a crucial step in ensuring that your business applications perform as they were designed. Celeris computer network installation consultants are fully certified and have years of network design experience for both small and mid-size businesses under their belts. They can also offer network solutions for enterprise-level customers.
Celeris Networks can work with you to create a computer network installation that will perform as needed and retain the flexibility to grow over time. Whatever your needs, we can design a network services solution that will benefit you both technically and financially. Contact us to learn more.